AUDITION DATE & TIME:
September 10, 2017 at 3pm (registration begins at 2pm)
Ballet Evolution rehearsals begin Saturday, September 23th. Students who choose to audition must be available for all performances and rehearsal dates listed below. These dates are subject to change. Please do not audition if you know in advance that you have a conflict with any of the rehearsal or performance dates below. There are no excused absences.
December 22 at 3pm and 7:30pm & December 23, at 7:30 PM
September 23, 30 | October 7, 14, 21, 28 | November 4, 11 | December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17.
December 20 & 21
Additional rehearsals may be required based upon the role in which you are cast. Each rehearsal will be 1-3 hours in length. There will be two casts for some roles, and some dancers will alternate performances.
Casting will be determined by technical ability, performance quality, and sizing for costumes. There is no guarantee all children who audition will be cast. Students will be notified by mail regarding casting decisions. Please call 843-367-7339 if you do not receive notification by September 19th.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- All Dancers will be called into the studios together. They will run through various dances together.
- Dancers will not be required to perform their own pieces. They will be taught a piece by an instructor and then be asked to perform it with others. They should pay close attention and listen to all instructions given.
- Each dancer will be given a number to wear so the staff can identify them with their audition form.
- The assignment of roles is up the Artistic Director, Jonathan Tabbert. It will be based on the number of children auditioning and the number of roles.
- You will be notified by September 18th.
- Measurements are taken to aid in casting and costume selection. Each role is designed for children in a certain height range.
- No one is allowed in the audition except for Ballet Evolution Staff.
- Younger children (ages 8 to 10) are usually released one hour after they are called into the audition. Older students are typically finished in 2 to 2 ½ hours after they are called into the audition.